Friday, April 13, 2007
So instead of me going on and on I thought that I would show you some the digital doodles I have done so far this year. Most of them are done in Corel Painter Essentials 2 but one or two have been made in Photoshop CS. Here we go.
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
- A digital sketch of I girl that I did in Corel Painter Essentials 2 and the music in the video is also improvised by me on a keyboard. Nothing great and I messed up the left eye... Oh well.
- Second digital painting I made was meant to be in more parts but I have messed up and I don't know if I want to continue painting on it. Maybe I will give it another go... but for know this is what I have. Also made in Corel Painter Essentials 2 and music in this video is by Sunrise Ave with the song Fairytale gone bad.
- This next one is something very strange but for some reason I like it and it was really fun to make. I a few days ago I came across a video named The YouTube Art Show (Pt. 2) by anakin1814 where he shares a song that he had made and he also said that on his website he had more songs that could be downloaded and I really liked the song "Balance" so I headed over and downloaded all his song and I really liked them too. So I thought that why not send a message and ask if I could get permission to use his songs in my videos and he he was kind enough to let me. =) I plan to use more of his songs in future videos. If you like his music check out his website and be sure to take a look at his art work as well at http://www.g-manink.com. The song in this video is called "Mad Scientist". So thanks once again Gary for letting me use your music.
I have more digital doodles coming but I will post them tomorrow because now I really need to get some sleep!
I have been drawing and creating things, maybe not as much as I would have liked to but still. But I actually have kept my new years resolution about drawing daily sketches according to the list of subjects I set up for myself and I feel really good about that. As far as other projects go I haven't been as good at keeping up I'm afraid. I have a long to do list... and it keeps building up. Oh well, I guess I'll get there in time and if not... it's not like it would be the end of the world.
Another thing that has happened is that I turned 24 in February... yeah another year older and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up...
Form the birthday money I got I bought my self a VIKA BLECKET Drawing-table top from IKEA with VIKA ARTUR legs that is "Adjustable to different positions for flat or angled table top".
And it feels great having a good place to sit and draw at and the glass top works just like a light table/light-box which makes it easy for me to take sketches and trace them onto good paper. I usually use cheap printer paper when I start out drawing something because I don't see any reason for ruining expensive art paper on something that might just turn out to be a doodle.
Another thing that I'm working on is making birthday card to sell in a local "store" (in lack of a better word), it's basically a place where local crafters and artists can sell their work. It's only open during the summer time and I'm going to be having a table together with my aunt who is selling handmade doll cloths. And if it goes well I might have my own table next year. But now I must get my act together and actually make the damn cards to... Grrr.... it's so much easier to do personal cards for friends and family members since I know them and can make it funnier and with more feeling then making a card for a complete stranger. But I'm working on it.
Another thing new is that I actually have a YouTube channel now... I first created it so that I could do video blogs but I really don't think that that is something I want to do... I think I would be a easy target for the so called "haters", (I really don't like that term thought) , so right now I'm posting time-lapse paintings and other art related things. I might do videos with me in it if I feel I have something to say that have so do with my art work... but with that said I'm sure I will be tempted to dive into the youtube community and do video responses and what not. But I don't think so. My channel name is TheCloudedMind if you would like to check out the video I have posted so far. I will probable add some of the videos in this blog when I have figured out how it works.
Soon you might have to endure a lot of photos of kittens because our cat My (that is her name) is expecting babies at the end of April and I'm planning on taking as much photos as I possible can... It going to be lots of fun and I'm excited.
I really need to update my deviantART gallery and journal soon but I find it really hard getting into it after this long... I still check in but now days I'm a lurker that simply observes and it has been months since I read any of the journals in my messages... it's not that I'm not interested but there is just so many people that I watch and some of them post several journals a day and I find that reading text on the computer screen really hurts my eyes... but I guess the basic truth is that I'm lazy.
Hmm there was more things that I was going to talk about but it seems like I have rambled on too far already so I think I will rap it up now. I will add a new blog post for the images instead of making this go on forever.
So in conclusion... I'm alive but I am not very active on the Internet. I simply watch and observe... And if you managed to make your way through this long text I salute you... ;)
Monday, January 22, 2007
As for today's sketch blog entries... hmm or rather the sketches from the 21st of January, I haven't done so many but I will show you what I did mange to make.
- I tried to draw a face from my mind in this first one, but it didn't turn out as I would like it to have, but perhaps I learned something from it...
- A butterfly and dog... yeah that is my real life drawing for today. I made them with a ballpoint pen.
- This is an idea that I drew a thumbnail sketch of and I really like it and I really want to make a finished painting of it.
- Well I drew another YouTuber today. This time it's a girl called l3ryz and the video I looked at was Will you please draw me marcoseiji?. I use pencil and a smudge thing (don't know the name for it in English). I added the paper texture in photoshop.
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Yeah so a couple a days ago a guy named marcoseiji got featured on the first page on YouTube with his video drawing youtube and I really like it. He is really good at drawing and I think that it was a really cool idea... So I felt like giving it a go too. I need to practise drawing people and I spend way to much time on youtube anyway so I thought that I might as well get something out of it... I have only managed to draw two so far but I plan to make more.
- The first youtuber is tomlmc and the video I looked at was Re: drawing youtube. It's just a quick sketch done in photoshop but I might paint some more on it... maybe.
Friday, January 19, 2007
- In this first one I tried to draw from real life, which is something I haven't done since school. It's suppose to be one of my pencil-sharpener but somehow I managed to mess up the proportions. Oh well I guess I need to practice...
- I don't know what this second one is... something cute. I might colour it later on.
Thursday, January 18, 2007
- This fist one is a thumbnail sketch I did very quickly because I felt in the mood of making a acrylic painting (but on this I used coloured pencils), but then I lost the inspiration for it. She is suppose to be offering her heart to the viewer... I have made other sketches like this before but I don't think I have made a finished picture so far.
I want to paint with acrylics but I always have a lot of trouble choosing colours so I often end up not doing it at all. For this I had though that I only would use shades of red, yellow and orange but I'm not sure jet. And besides I might think of a better motive before taking out the pallet.
- This is also a thumbnail sketch that I made with a purple/pinkish felt marker... I really don't know what this is but I started on the head and the things growing out of it is suppose to be trees. It's strange... but I like it.
- The third one is also something that just happened. I was drawing lines with my pencil and I fell for the hair (as I usually do). I was going to make a jacket with a fur like collar but I didn't know how the jacket should look, (and I got lazy), so this is is what I made. The darker parts have been made with a black ballpoint pen.
Ok... so here comes something with a very silly smile... and I don't know if that is some sort of dance or if he (or she) is trying to steel the nut from the squirrel. I tried to make a background for this... yay for me! ;)
- Well the one bellow is actually probably going to be a finished drawing later on (if I don't get side tracked). Happy rain... of course I will draw the rain in the finished version don't you worry. So far I have use a pencil to draw the sketch and then use my brush pen to make the line art. Don't know if I should colour it in traditional media or in photoshop. Hmm... I guess I could do both... we'll see.
- So the last one is a little speed-painting that I did after resizing all the other pictures above. It's been a long time since I painted anything in photoshop and I realised how much I missed it...
This was going to be the logo for this blog but it didn't work out as I planed and I kept on adding things to it so in the end I decided to just put it in today's sketch-blog.
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Hopefully my sisters boyfriend will be able to help me so that I can access my files from my computer... if not... well then I will have to go through the time consuming process of connecting the external hard drive to dad's comp and making the files available though the network and then copy the files I want to use from my comp... I really don't want to do that because that would mean that I probably wont get my lazy ass around to complete things. So lets hope I don't have to!
As for drawing. Well I have been drawing something everyday for the past three weeks and I really am getting into it. But most of the things I have made this far are sketches and doodles but I'm trying to get myself to learn by looking at all sort of different things. So every day of the week I draw different subjects.
So on Mondays I draw women, Tuesday I try to draw men, Wednesday is animal or bird day, Thursday I'm forcing myself to draw buildings or rooms. On Friday I draw nature or plants, Saturday is bugs day and on Sunday I can draw whatever I want. I will probable change the subjects or add more things as I go along but for now this is good.
Another thing that I have started on these past few days is following a sort of video tutorial by Riven Phoenix. I found him through YouTube but he also have a blog called The Structure of Man. I really like his videos and I find it much easier to learn by seeing and listening so for me this is great. I have watch through Drawing the Human Figure From Your Mind - Lesson 1 - 6 so far but I hope to do lesson 7 when I have finished this blog post.
To see the first lesson simply scroll down in his blog.
I have a lot of things that I need to do and one of them is writing a new journal for my deviantART account. I also need to comment on a lot of people over there... =)
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Well I was going to scan in some new stuff tonight, then re-size them and post them in this blog. But well... for some unknown reason the external usb hard drive, where I keep all my drawings, photographs and photoshop files, won't show up on my computer... So I don't know if I have lost everything or if I can fix it, but I was too upset to do it tonight so I will look into it more tomorrow. Hopefully I can get it to work again and if not... then I have lost all my latest photoshop files and my latest photos (which have a lot of pictures of our puppy Ronja that I can never get back). As for drawings... well I did burn a back up cd on those files a few days ago so I don't have to worry about those at least...
So for this sketch blog entry I had to take out some speed paintings I have done in Painter Essentials 2 that I happened to have saved on my local hard drive.
Yeah... nothing special.
Monday, January 08, 2007
For 2007 I hope that I will use this sketch blog more then last year. I want to improve my drawing skills too and I have started drawing sketches with different topic every day of the week and so far I have actually done just that! I might show some of the best from every week later on depending on what I have used as reference and if I like them.
Who knows what 2007 might bring...