Today I thought I would introduce you the fairy I made. She is a bit different then my previous dolls but I really like the way she turned out.
The wings are made out of organza fabric glued on to a wire and I made the silver pattern with glitter glue. I almost ran out of the glue the last wing so the lines aren't as good as the first once.
The plank (don't know what it's called) used too be a part of our veranda, but I saved it from the wheelbarrow where it was awaiting it's doom. I thought it looked so pretty and cool that I just couldn't let leave it there. I painted it with acrylics and with my water soluble crayons and then added a coat of varnish. The back is also painted on and there I wrote her name and made some swirls and added varnish on that side too. Didn't get any good photos of the plank so I can't show you how it look without Kerry on it.
She is not stuck to the plank so she can be placed in other spots, she can even sit on a edge if placed right.
The hair is made out of brown yarn. I love these types of yarn for hair and I have bought other types and colours for future dolls. I got her cone shaped hair style by using four thin wire and then twining the yarn around it. I secured the hair with invisible thread. Then added some beads.
She is holding a little pink heart made out of a fabric. Maybe I should have use lager black beads for her eyes... well I guess I can try that out on the next doll I make in this style.
I thought the bottom part of the dress looked a little empty so I added this little fabric flower that I learned how to make from reading the DIY Fabric Flower instruction on BurdaStyle.
It took me a long time to finish her because I didn't know how I wanted her to look, but again I must say that I really like how she turned out. I hope you will too. ;)
Oh I really should try and reply to your lovely comments before posting again but if I push this of much longer then you will not see a new post from me in this month. So I hope you will forgive me!
I finished these two troll kids in early July and named them Agust and Lotta, well my mother named them to be exact. They are about 16cm tall and have tails made out of yarn, the same yarn was used for their hair. Sadly I only have these photos of them when they are finished and since they are already sold I can't take new once of them. But I hope you like them anyway! If you have any questions about them just let me know and I will do my best to answer you.