Monday, April 18, 2011

Ellie painting done + progress pictures




Just like the oh so amazing title say, this is Ellie. ;)
She is one of the naive folk-art inspired little girls that where on my desk a few weeks ago.
I finished her and another girl that I have named Viktualia last week. So this means that I actually have reached my goal of finishing two girls. Yay for me!

I thought I would show you Viktualia in a few days with progress pictures too, but until then you get to see Ellie.


The sketch


Under-painting and first colour layer


Laying down more colours


More colours


Rendering and adding colour-pencils and crayons


Last touches with white gel-pen for highlights


Done, photo in daylight

Below is the scanned picture without added glitter.

Scanned with one sheet of OH-paper between the painting and scanner

And this is the photographed version with glitter.

Photographed outside in daylight

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Annika, seeing your post makes me realize how muh I miss doing some work of my own... love that you showed the steps of your work. Great job, keep it up.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!